Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm drawing again!

Well, I have decided to give this blog new life. I have recently begun keeping a journal/sketch diary and it has been really fun so far. I think I may post some of the drawings from there on here for fun.
I was inspired (oddly enough) by a book I saw on Amazon.com. That isn't odd you say, well, it is if I never even got the book, just reading about the book inspired me to go get a blank journal and really get started. I recently ordered the book anyway, (which by the way was much smaller than I expected but still good) and it has given me even more ideas for my new journal/hobby.

I used to keep journals back in college, but I didn't like looking back at them later. This one is going to be much funner to look back at as I am including so many visuals in it. I am also doing lots of drawings of th kids so I think they will get a real kick out of it too one day. One thing I have been meaning to do for a while also is to document the cute stuff they do and this way I get to incorporate it into the sketch/diary.

Oh, what was the name of the book you ask? Well, here it is-
http://www.amazon.com/How-Make-Journal-Your-Life/dp/1580080936/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254204332&sr=8-1

Remember, if you do get it, expect a tiny book. It is all hand written in the author's handwriting which is interesting and it is a quick read. I think the dude was a huge hippy and I don't care for the sort of 'get in touch with yourself and nature' talk so much, but it is true enough.
I think he used pen and watercolors, which sounds fine, but I decided to go with colored pencils instead. It feels like kindergarden to get out my color pencils and sit down with my book and pen and spend a little time writing/drawing.

Anyway, wish I could put a pic on here now, but I need to get my scanner hooked back up first. Maybe soon. Be forewarned though, drawings may be on their way.

No comments: